Mark Your Calendar!
Glamorgan Community Association's Pub Night!!!
Friday January 6, 2017
After much consideration we have decided that this will be Glamorgan's last Pub Night. We sure hope to see you there!
Doors open at 7:00pm in the Seminar Room
Babysitting service in the GlamShack for children 3 and up. $5 per child to a MAX of $20 per family (cash only please) - Until 10:30
Important Information for 2017 Soccer Coaches & Parents
Online Soccer Registration opens February 1st!!
PLEASE NOTE POLICE SECURITY CHECKS ARE MANDATORY FOR SOCCER COACHES. If you are nterested in coaching your childs team you are welcome to come to the community association office starting January 3, 2017 to pick up the letter you'll need to take to the police station. You will be reimbursed by the office. Your police security check will be good for 3 years.
For more soccer information please click on the Programs tab -Soccer
Mark Your Calendars!!!
- December 18 - Bingo - We need volunteers
- December 24 through January 2 - GCA Office is closed for the holidays
- January 3 - Seniors Corner
- January 6 - Pub Night
- January 21 - Winterfest
- February 7 - Seniors Corner
- February 9 - Paint Night! $25 includes all of your supplies. Cash Bar. Call the GCA Office to secure your spot
ELBOW VALLEY SITE UPDATE
IMPORTANT CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
You will have noticed the construction in your laneway has been delayed. Whissell Contracting is now scheduled to begin work on November 28. Whissell will not start work without directly contacting the homeowners at 367, 371, 375, 379 and 383 before starting construction. You do not need to move your car until you are informed about the start of construction.
The City of Calgary approved the final design of the new road and utility connections for the redevelopment of the Elbow Valley site, and work began in early September. Ongoing work includes site clearing and grading, installation of underground storm, water and sanitary utilities and construction of 50 Ave. SW along the south boundary of the site, parallel to Glenmore Trail SW.
- It is anticipated work will be done during daytime hours, and follow City standards of 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays.
- Contractors will follow City of Calgary’s standards for dust and noise.
- Trucks that haul materials to and from the site will be covered.
For your safety, please do not enter the fenced-off construction areas.
Preparing for SW Calgary Ring Road construction
The Government of Alberta recently awarded Mountain View Partners with the contract to design, build, operate, and partially finance the Southwest Calgary Ring Road (SWCRR). Mountain View Partners has subcontracted KGL Constructors to design and construct the SWCRR, with preliminary works currently underway within the Transportation Utility Corridor through fall 2016. As a result, there may be some daily traffic lane closures during off-peak periods. We expect these lane closures to have minor impacts to Calgary’s drivers. The contractor will soon host a website, which will be your information hub for all things SWCRR construction.
The City of Calgary connections
The City is building road connections and improvements to make sure the SWCRR fits with Calgary’s road network. The first to be completed is Westhills Way. While the road is finished, it won’t be open until the SWCRR connects to it in fall 2021. You can find out more information on the other road improvements on their web pages:
Road connections to the SWCRR:
- 90 Ave. and Southland Dr. S.W.: calgary.ca/90southland-swrr
- 162 Ave. S.W.: calgary.ca/162ave-swrr
- Westhills Way: calgary.ca/westhillsway
- Anderson Road S.W. widening: calgary.ca/anderson-swrr
- Bow Tr. S.W.: calgary.ca/bowtrail-swrr
- Glenmore Tr. S.W. widening and Crowchild rail interchange improvements: calgary.ca/glenmore-swrr
- Spruce Meadows Way – Web page is coming soon
The first Tuesday of every month. 1:00 to 3:00pm in the Main Hall. Cost is $5 per person and includes a light lunch, refreshments and entertainment.
For the latest issue of Focus On Glamorgan or for advertising opportunities and information please visit http://www.great-news.ca